View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
scottc
Captain

Drives: 911 Carrera S

New addition and a new BMW

Hey chaps

As some of you may have see in rogers thread my wife and I are expecting are first child It's something that we never thought would happen and we are over the moon.

Having a TT and a 911 was never going to work and as the TT was a company car that was the one that was going to go. After 2 years of ownership I can honestly say it was one of the best cars I have had, it needed nothing in 2 years and never let us down.

So whatever was going to replace it had to be good, we decided to look at everything and with a budget it mind we ended up choosing a Mercedes C Class. I managed to get a great deal, 15% off and 2 years free servicing. However last Thursday we received a phone call to say that they could not fulfil the order to a shortage of panoramic roofs, there were no alternatives unless we compromised on spec which is something we didn't want to do so we cancelled the order.

So once again we were shopping for a car and this weekend we went to BMW with the intention of buying at a used X6. Now BMW are doing some great deals on new at the moment and after a bit of negotiation we ended up buying a new X6. I managed to get nearly 20% off list, a free car while we wait for it and a good deal on the gap insurance. We used their finance and the car is coming out nearly 200 a month cheaper than TT

Anyway here is the spec, should arrive in jan/feb

X6 3.0d
Black sapphire
Oyster leather
Bamboo wood
Dynamic pack
Media pack
Ext folding and dimming mirrors
Seat heating
Third seat
Loudspeaker system - business
Sun protection glass
20" 336 style alloys
Reversing camera pack

Will post some pics when I get it.

For anyone looking for a new car, www.drivethedeal.co.uk and www.broadspeed.com are doing some great discounts

Scott