Hunter51092
Major
United_States

Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post

Sounds like normal ABS behavior. You braked harder than the grip allowed and ABS made a clean stop for you.

I strongly advice that you get used to the maximum brake capacity of your car in a controlled environment, accounting for a variety of weather, and train yourself at proper braking technique before trying to drive hard on open roads.

Now, if you are an experienced driver, and you think that your braking shouldn't have triggered ABS, there are a variety of suspension condition that can make handling so bad that ABS kick in very early. If you think so, have your suspension system (tires, shocks, springs etc) inspected. Also remember that summer tires have little grip in cold weather, that can lead to surprisingly bad handling.
yeah it was unusual im pretty sure its my suspension i will take it easy now no horse playing till i get it replaced! could also be summer tires lol but this was very helpful and so was everyone else with their inputs thank you all so much! my car has stopped limping, no vibrating when braking, havent tried slamming on it, but its running good at least!