View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
e9012345
Lieutenant

Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoig View Post
Defective return and exchange it.

It clicks as long as the tension is met.

I won't click until it has met the tension or exceeded.

You can actually make it keep clicking if you over torque it.

To the OP your's is also defective so return it for another one.

Good thing about the mastercraft Maximum tools is that it carries a lifetime warranty so you won't need a receipt when you return it.
Yes! So much this. I had overtightened my lug nuts to what I can only think was over 130 lb/ft+

I tried my torque wrench which was breaking the car loose before hearing a click. Returned and replaced it.. loosened ALL my lug nuts (WHICH WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS and nerve wracking to hear the occasional bang as the over-tightened lugs came undone) and sure enough tightened the lugs from about 40 lb/ft and heard consistent clicks at 88 lb/ft.

88 lb/fit was actually a lot less torque than I imagined. But the problem here was the faulty torque wrench. Thanks for all the help.

Abishriv.. replace yours because it is CERTAINLY defective.

Thanks everyone again. Now I have completed my first wheel swap, have properly torqued wheels and most of all a safe drive for my family.

Thanks!
6MT Sport Pkg | BMW Perf. Pedals | BMW Perf. SSK | CF Steering Trim | BMW Performance Black Gloss Grilles | M3 Rep Bumper | Muffler Delete 2.5"| Charcoal Delete + K&N Drop In | CDV Delete | Clutch Stop | Active Autowerke Stage II Tune | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts | 18" Gunmetal CSL Reps | BurgerTuning Spacers | Staggered Ventus V12's | ATE Super Blue & Hawk HPS | Blacklines | GP6K Angel Eyes