View Single Post
      11-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Si-335d
Major

Drives: 335d M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
The stock 335D exhaust has three silencers/baffles,two at the rear and a central smaller one.

If you want more power (15bhp ish) combined with a better aural experience (term used loosely!) it's best to go completely straight through from the DPF back.

Internal noise from a s/t exhaust is far from loud,nor boomy,in fact the only time you'd hear it internally is when the rear seats are folded.

Adding any form of baffle/silencer to a custom exhaust is to my mind and experience, a waste of money,if you're considering doing that,you'd be better off just changing the stock tips to something with a bigger bore.
Thanks for the info, that's good to know. I will go CAT back straight through then. I am guessing when you say DPF back that would be a CAT delete too ?
335d MSport Coupe LCI, Titanium Silver:- 19" Wheels, DAB, Memory Seats, Prof Sat Nav, Sunroof, BMW Perf Carbon Fibre:- Boot Spoiler, Mirrors & Front Lip Splitter, SSDD Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser, Roof Spoiler, Black Kidney Grills, 12.5mm Eibach Spacers x4, Red Calpiers, CKS Custom Exhaust, Wagner FMIC, ITG Air Filter, Sprint Booster, DMS 380BHP / 600 Ft lbs Remap, Quaife LSD, Weicher front & rear strut brace, Forge charge pipe