View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #32
cssnms
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan335dOwner View Post
So, fellow Murlander, what sorta tires do you run in the winter? I'm still on the Conti OEM RFTs. They are fine for daily driving when dry or wet (unless at the HPDE, then they are definitely marginal), but not so sure about the next few months.

I have lived here since 1979, but never before with 425 ft/lbs of torque.
I made the swtich to non run-flat tires a long time ago - best thing I ever did.

I am running Conti DWS tires year around and aside from the improved ride qaulity, the tires erformed wonderfully in the wet and snow. Summer performance is reasonably good for an all-season. The other benefit is the super long tread life. Traction is excellent in the snow esp by comparison with my last car which had summer sport tires - I could barely make it up a slight incline leading to my house. With the DWS on the BMW, that same incline is no problem even with an inch or two on the ground. (check out Tire Rack's comparison review of All-Season tires).

Depending on where you are in MD, Quality Discount Tire in Kensington is the shop to go to for tires and mounting (ask for Cory). After factoring shipping costs, they beat Tire Rack's prices, not to mention they do an excellent job and they Road Force balance too.
cssnms is offline   United_States