View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
Hate to tell you, but there is no rhyme of reason between transmissions that use LT3 or LT2. No build date, series, engine type, nothing. You have to physically look at the sticker on the transmission to know for sure.
That's what I was worried about... It would explain why I can't find a definite recommendation anywhere.

AFAIK, MTF-LT3 is the lighter of the two oils. Does anyone know who the original equipment manufacturer is for the oil? Castrol? Pentosin? Fuchs?

I think RedLine has a good product, but I'm not putting ATF in my manual transmission, no matter how good the ATF is.

I bought my car with 43k and I'm now at 48.7k, and I can feel a difference in the transmission already. Subtle but it's there. Just shameful BMW continues with this "lifetime fill" B.S. We love 'em and we hate 'em...
2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Black Sapphire / Shadowline (Individual 760) / Black Dakota Leather, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, no Nav/iDrive, 19 x 8.5 / 19 x 9.5 VMR VB3 in Hyper Black, Pilot Super Sport 235/35 fr 265/30 rr, M3 control arms + tension links (fr)
NoTempoLimitN54 is offline   United_States