View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #19
Team iTouge
kiwi29's Avatar

Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (9)

Originally Posted by poloace View Post
Created a new thread, but I'll ask here... I have downpipes on my car _ just moved here and need to get cali registration. If I have catless pipes on now and can obtain smog paperwork, can I try to register it without issue here or will I get in trouble at the DMV? Thanks everyone.
In california, in order to pass smog, you'd need the entire emissions system on your car (original cats, resonators and muffler or at least CARB legal ones) I highly doubt you can pass smog legally with anything catless down here unless you know some people. Btw, california isn't very nice to the mod scene you must also be a certain decibel level of sound well even for some race tracks.
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.