When doing the install I have found the following so far:
1. Remove the fan/FMIC to make water-pump removal easier
2. Install a new water pump/thermostat at time of install
3. Subframe does not need to be dropped (rob beck also confirmed this).
4. Have multiple jacks
5. Wear googles (not kidding)
6. Get replacement manifold studs, they will pull out. I have to loose a entire day because I did not do this.
7. Good time to clean your FMIC (see pic of tool below)
8. Will need a thin walled 1/4" drive 10MM socket or shave one down like I did below.
9. 3 Cans of parts cleaner to clean all oil & coolant lines (VERY important) plus all other parts.
10. 2 gallons of your choice of anti-freeze (I use 50/50 prestone extended life).
11. 7 quarts of motor oil of yor choice (I use Mobile 1 0W-40 European car formula).
12. Label everything!
13. This is my go to tool for O2 sensors, did a RB turbo install with it and over 10 dp installs...makes it so easy LOL!! Cut off the end with a dremel so you can get clearance and still have leverage.
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, Walbro 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit 4-AN SS lines, BMS OCC, RB turbos W/3.5 N20 sensor, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms W/upgraded bushings, M3 Strut Brace, M3 front sway, Meyle HD tie-rods, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, DEFIV kit, Ohlins R/T Cois W/12KG swift springs, Power-Flex subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, Morr VS8.2 rims 245/295