View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #4

Location: LA/Irvine/Fremont, CA/ University of California San Diego Alum

Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
A hotel in the downtown area should work. Public transp is v. good here - buses + light rail (the MAX or the streetcar) - see, so you def can get by w/o a car. I like the Riverside Marriott because my employer uses it. It is close to the streetcar & the waterfront park.

What to visit ? Where to start... Japanese Garden, Chinese Garden, Rose Garden / Washington park, Pioneer courthouse square, the waterfront park I mentioned above, ... there's more but i can't think of it all.

For food, check out the world-famous food carts - , the bigger the pod the larger the selection. Voodoo doughnuts if you like fatty dough. Def a brewery. The more sophist. restaurants like Andina or Le Pigeon are also recommended.

Try review sites like tripadvisor, yelp, etc for more ideas.
Originally Posted by shinyside View Post

I'd probably skip the Chinese garden if you only have a weekend. Japanese garden is more impressive. See if you can book a limo or van tour of Oregon wine country for a romantic jaunt with the GF. Take a bus to SE Hawthorne to get some local Portland flavor.

thanks a lot guys, this is exactly the sort of advice i was looking for , keep em coming if there's anything else!
BMW E92 328I /BMW E46 M3 /Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500 /BMW E92 335I(sold)/Porsche 996 911 C2(sold)/BMW E46 325CI(totaled)