View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #22
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance

Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
fuel pumps are covered under warranty till 120k miles and as someone pointed out above, the newer fuel pumps don't seem to be a problem once replaced and software updated.
+1----Got my turbos replaced and on second set of HPFP...warranty works.

Didn't even have to ask to have the HPFP replaced at Sterling. I took the ride into Sterling prior to end of warranty complaining about the "squirrels" under the hood and when I took it in for minor service after the warranty expired, they upgraded the turbos, software, and replaced the fuel pump under It helped that I had a previous log of excessive noise for the turbos, but they couldn't find the cause, then. Probably easier to replace the whole thing than to diagnose wastegates as an issue.

But I digress. It's all in how you approach a situation. It is what it is, and your attitude will determine the outcome.

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: