View Single Post
      11-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
avenger2540
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 F30 335i Xdrive

Garage List
Need some help,clunking noise kw v1 (video)

Hey guys,I have install my kw v1,and I have this clunking noise when I turn the wheel either side,now I notice something today when I lift the car to check the noise,I notice that on the pass side when I have the car on the lift am able to move the spring with the strut mount altogether,but on the driver side it wont move,but when I move the entire wheel on the driver side the strut mount with the spring move find together with the strut,but on the pass side wants to skip when I move the wheel causing the clunking noise,so my question is,the pass strut mount is not good or what,please let me know if I need new strut mount (guide support),and if any body experience some like this,and let me know if you guys understand what am saying,if not I will make a video so u guys can see what am saying, in ,I know someone say on another tread,that something the nut is not tie right,but I check and is right,and if I tie the strut nut like really tie,then the clunking noise get worse because when I tie the strut nut really hard,and I lift the car the strut mount and the spring wont move,but it will skip more,so I dont know I may do a video late today and post it in here,but if someone is experience this and find a solution please let me know,another thing,I replace the lower control arms,and I didn't have much of a clunking noise,maybe once in a while,but now after I put the lower control arms in both side is much worse,and is only on the pass side,before when I have the clunking noise once in a while it was on the pass side also,well on the pass side all the way,thanks in advance.

Note:how can I tell if my strut mounts are gone,like if I pull pull the coilovers out how can I tell?
09 e92 335xi Alpine White, Saddle Interior, Sport pkg, Cold pkg, Comfort pkg, Premium pkg, Adactive Headlights, Black Kidney Grill, M3front, Mtech rear, M3side skirts, CF Performance spoiler, Kw v1, 19" M6 Replicas Hankook Ventus v12 evo...

Last edited by avenger2540; 11-18-2012 at 09:01 PM.
avenger2540 is offline   United_States