View Single Post
      11-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

If you had any loans in past its wroth checking out and do it yourself stay away from these firms. I kept thinking oh I dont have any why bother. Then neihbour told me he by luck spotted it on his CC bill and post claim bagged over 800. So rang up few of my old loans and put queries into my old mortgage lenders as well.

Up to now I'm into 5 figures on refunds cant believe it. Best thing is as long as you remember the name of the lender you can do it. Even if you dont have paper work since they will have it. For example I recalled having a loan with egg loans on my old car. No paper work as it was back in 2004. Rang them up wrote a letter and hey presto after about 7 weeks a cheque for 900. If you dont remember the name of lenders just sign up to a free trial with experian and run a credit report on yourself this will tell you all your past lenders. Key is its not only the PPI amount you did pay but also the interested earned on top so it quickly starts to add up.

Its a big of keyboard work but well worth it. Plenty more advise and sample letters you can use at martins money matters. Good Luck

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / BBS Wheels / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox