Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
yeah it didn't make sense to me. What does Cobb not having a tune have to do with anything?
What I was looking to illustrate is that performance parts aren't interchangable between the N54 (which has the Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo upgrade & a COBB tune) and the N55 (which has neither of those products currently available).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopp View Post
Well I guess Benzy doesn't think that we have the same tuning devices available to us as the n54 with big turbos.

Reality is that we do and at this point our limitation is the small turbo running out of breath. We also have the ability to custom tune ourselves so we are not dependent on Cobb to come out with their flash for big singles.
I'm fully aware of the products available & that the turbo is what's killing the N55 right now. The N55 is on the same time line with upgrades as the N54: originally was just piggys, then COBB/GIAC introduced flashes & then turbo upgrades came along.

Ex: COBB is currently doing R&D for an N55 flash based tune & Vargas is looking into upgraded turbos for the N55 guys after he finishes releasing his 3 different turbo upgrades for the N54 (since the OEM snail is already out of breath).

IMO a stock N55 still has more to give, but it'll require changing VANOS timing, fueling tables & other variables that cannot be done with piggys. Time will tell.