Thread: HID fog lights
View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
1QuikWS6
No 55mph

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
Sorry to tell ya this, but there are NO HID kits that can guarantee no errors, regardless of what year car you have.

Most of them state error free, but there are always cases where this is not true. I installed the HPB CanBus HID kit in my 09' 328 E92, these are supposed to be error free, they have history of this being true, however, they threw errors on my car immediately. We tried switching out with new ballasts - still got the errors. Ballasts were double grounded from beginning, so it wasn't that. Adding Error Cancellers would have been useless because the ballasts already have this feature built in if they are CanBus.

Working with HPB, they did everything they could, and ended up would have given me a full refund - but I liked them, so I just coded out the fogs (cold/warm bulb checks & error reporting) and all is good.

Apparently there are just some cars that are more sensitive than others - & I had the luck to get one...

So, basically, you may be OK, may not - in the end it's no big deal to code them out (if you have the cable or know someone that can do it for you).
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States