Notes about the V1:
1. Disable X and K bands, and leave KA and Laser on. That will eliminate most of your false positives.
2. V1 doesn't 'trigger' near high end vehicles, per se. What's happening is that some cars (like Infiniti) have laser guided cruise control. This will set off the Laser detection on the V1.
3. Radar detectors are only illegal in 2 places in the states: West Virginia and Washington, D.C. They are not illegal in California. However, it *is* illegal to mount anything on your windshield.
4. My V1 has saved me more times than I can count (I have 80k miles on my car, and it doesn't turn 3 until next month).
5. The directional arrows are awesome on the V1. So is the concealed display. Makes it a lot easier to not have you distracted by the noisy thing beeping at you by your mirror. :P
I strongly recommend it to anyone in the market for a radar detector.
'09 E93 M3/Jerez Black on Extended Novillo Black w/Aluminum Brushed Trim
WTT 219M 18" Charcoal Staggered for 19" Staggered in Gunmetal, Hyperblack, or similar
Looking for: MS Stage 2 Intake Charge Kit, Metsterschaft GT2, VT1-550, E92 CF Trim, V1