11-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
twinturbopg
How you like them apples?

Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
For occasional track days you can track your car as is, down road I would recommend LSD and run conservative boost/tune.. see how your car reacts out there and don't leave it in DS mode, use your paddles to shift and hold gears...
+1

go to the tracking forum and do some searching there, because you will get folks that really do track there cars in that section. Also there is sticky note on the top on tips for tracking your 335, its quite informative.

I have no oil cooler and 6AT and the mods listed in my sig. I have tracked hard at infineon all year around without going into limp mode. The relatively cooler weather in the bay area will help you a ton. Just make sure to cool down your car properly between sessions like popping the hood and letting the car run for lil while. Also I switch back from DCI to stock airbox to reduce heat on the track. It works for me, but I can't guarantee it will work for you.

I see your new to the forum, a lil bit of advice...you will always get somebody that will say don't ever track a 335 etc...just ignore those insightful people. Just take everybody's advice with a grain of salt.