11-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Eric335
Colonel

Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan313 View Post
It's not impossible but its a pain. There is very little space to work with and you're gonna need to be patient! Expect atleast 4+ hours if its your first time
Hmm, thanks for the opinions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
$750 seems high... I know the guy who did my install so I got a great deal but my install was still marginally less than that. I had xi DP's (subframe needs to be dropped), TMS brake kit (fluid, SS lines, pads, rotors), and 7" VRSF FMIC installed and it was cheaper than $750.
Yeah, the shop is friendly, but their prices arent great. They specialize in BMWs and N54s, yet have never heard of Vishnu tuning, and said i was crazy for using it instead of AAs flash-software. I was just like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
If it is your firSt time under there, and you are on stands, you're going to have one hell of a time. It's a pain in the ass with what room you have to work with, and doing it on stands is even more limiting.

It really comes down to if you're up for a large challenge or not, if you have the will power to possibly take 6 hours or more to do the job, then by all means go ahead, but if you're not sure if you're comfortable doing it, I would definitely have a shop do it
Im definitely up to the challenge, as i love working on the car. I have several buddies (EVO X 450awp, 300ZX TT 450 rwhp) that have worked on cars for years. I think i could recruit one or more of them to help Its more of a decision of whether the AA dps are worth the extra price (with the install being a bonus) over the VRSFs. Opinions?

If i ordered VRSFs DPs, what else would i need? I have a 220-pc Craftsman metric/imperial set of tools, but im sure there is something odd that i need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
$750 for the DPs and installation? I'd definitely go that route.
Yes. The downpipes are $750 with free installation, technically lol
Eric335 is offline   United_States