View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #29
ricgear
Rep

Drives: e90 330XI 6mt

I set all 4 Koni's at 180 degrees from the softest setting as ajsalida recommended and after putting the trunk back together this morning, I took my car to run some in-town errands and then found a couple nice twisty roads to check out the new suspension. I was expecting a fairly substantial difference in before and after and I have to say this set up gave me exactly what I was looking for - a big improvement over stock, It is firm yet compliant and much flatter on the curves than when the car was new. It is quite nimble for a heavy car, though not as nimble as my wife's MINI. The harder you push it, the better it feels and it delivers precision on turn in. In a nearby neighborhood, there is a through road that has a series of 8 large speed bumps designed to slow traffic to 25 mph. Ever since the car was new, it bounced over those with a scrunching suspension noise. Now it is a very controlled rebound and completely silent, firm but not overly so.

I really wasn't as interested in the visual aspect of the lowering as I was in the handling properties that come with lowering. I didn't measure before and after but I can see that it is noticeably lower but not excessive.

It took about a day to do the install but that was with many interruptions, but I thought it was a lot harder than described in the DIY's. There is a learning curve though and now after the experience, I could do it much more quickly. But I have no desire to do this so often that I become efficient at it.

I would really recommend this combination of the Koni Sport and the Eibach Pro-kit springs. I'm even thinking of trying it on my wife's MINI, but only after time erases the PITA of this install.