11-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #24
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric335 View Post
Hey Tiago! After doing some more ive come to the conclusion that your pipes are just as good as your competitors, as yours are TIG-welded, 3" catless, with great fitment, and the lowest price. My only concern is the width of the pipes, as ive heard your pipes restrict down to 2.5" in certain parts. Is this true, and if so, what are the downsides to this?

Also, im somewhat mechanically inclined, would you recommend i do the install myself on jack stands? Ive watched ARs video, and it seems its simply removing O2 sensors on both ends, removing cat-back bracket, loosening the Vband clamps, and unbolting both downpipes. Reverse for re-install.

Im sure it'll take me 6 hours, but at least ill know how to take them in/out and get familiar with my car
Every single downpipe, including AA's neck down to 2.5". It's a requirement in order to bolt on to the factory/aftermarket mid pipes.

It's a bit more involved than that really. It's recommended that you unbolt the steering rack, then bend the heat shield out of the way so you have room to work with. If you have time and can afford a bit of downtime, do it yourself but otherwise I'd take it to a shop

Took me a bout 4-5 hours my first time. Now it takes me about 1.5-2 hours depending on the conditions of the car/clamps.
Tiago@VRSF is online now   United_States