View Single Post
      11-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
GAM
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonidz
I just needed some help. I have read a lot of people say running 70/30 mixture is fine and then some said car fuel system is suitable for it.

Also on maps lot of people say map 5 is better than map 1 and then some use map 2 all the time with just dci and 93 octane.

Please advise the best and most aggressive set up for me. My car is under warranty till February and like many else HPFP was changed too about a year ago and I never had any issues of limp mode for over 12k miles now.

I tried map 5 and map 1 for 200 miles on highway yesterday and was getting 11 to 14psi with iat on oil gauge at 160. overall car temp was like 210 where a normal stick stays at.

I really want to try map 2 with 93 oct and dci only for now but wanna see how safe is it as I really don't want any engine issues. I can do e85 mixture but want to make sure it's safe.

Thanks

GT
Hey man, I'm running 5 gallons of e85 and 10 gallons e93, that gives me a 33% e85.
1- If you don't have downpipes and only 93oct - stay on map 1, it should give you 13psi at best (it's not 13psi from 2k rpm to 7k rpm)
2- If you don't have downpipes but you have a mix of e85/93, drive a few miles after mixing it before switching to map 5 so it will start auto tuning when you have e85 flowing.
3- If you have downpipes on you car, keep it on map 2 when you don't have e85, but only if you have DPs and e85, use map 5.

I don't have downpipes and the car feels strong with e85, not the same car with just 93oct. I'm getting up to 16-17psi on map 5.
Make sure you have the latest version on the JB4 too, otherwise you won't get high boost.