View Single Post
      11-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #186

Drives: 2001 M5

Thanks for the post. I am, as you called it, a noob when it comes to lighting and the links were very helpful. Just ordered by Mtec V3's, H11 4350's and rear license plate LEDs.

Originally Posted by SneakyDeeky View Post
Getting ready for my next mod so I thought I'd take some pics of my current lighting setup before it's overhauled (again). To help other noobs out there like myself, I included links to where I purchased the hardware shown in the pics. Overall, I was really happy with each component as they were as advertised and didn't throw any codes, but as a whole it just wasn't perfect since I really wanted a true 8000K matching setup all around (and I didn't realize that's not an option for pre-LCI until after I had already purchased and installed the fogs and low beams). I decided now it's time to upgrade to setup V3.

Angel Eyes: MTEC V3 7000K LEDs (purchased here)
Low Beams: MTEC D1S 8000K Xenons (purchased here)
Fog Lights: 8000K High Performance HID Conversion Kit with 9006 bulbs to work with M3 rep foglights instead of OEM H11 fogs that come with pre-LCI (purchased here)

As a teaser, in preparation for my next mod I had Alex@Alpine do some coding for me today. Nice guy with a cleanly modded, supercharged CTS V. Super happy with the results - wish I'd done this a long time ago.
Note: MTEC V3 Angel Eyes still shown below, just had them coded as daytime running lights and did an amber corner delete. Oh, and I know my stance is off in the front b/c I removed my 10mm spacers to get ready for some track time! They'll be back on in a week.

2001 BMW M5
2008 BMW X5 4.8i