View Single Post
      11-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #54
starbai
Captain

Drives: 09 335i Sedan

Taibanl has also been posting in a thread in which I was posting a lot of questions.

One question I had was a concern that the XD600/6 wouldn't put out enough power for the Morel Dotech Ovation 4ís because the speakers call for 100RMS at 4ohms, and the Amp could only produce 75rms at 4ohms... I plan on using the same speakers as you, (minus the center channel)

He is also suggesting that the SWS-8Xi - Earthquake subs that I'd like to use (one under each seat) would be sufficiently driven off of 75watts rms as well though they call for 150 watts RMS @ 4ohms

He definitely seems knowledgable based on a lot of posts of his that I have searched for and read, so I'm not questioning his judgement...

I'm curious though from your personal experience, did the speakers sound powerful? I like loud music, and thats one of my biggest gripes about my car's HiFi System. I'm not an audiophile and I dont need perfection, but I'd like to be able to crank it up without much (if any) distortion... did they adequately power the speakers in your opinion?

Also, the sub drivers you were using were similiar in spec to the SWS-8Xi - Earthquake subs that I want to use. Can I just have your opinion on the amp's power to adequately drive the speakers/subs you were running?
starbai is offline   Guyana
Appreciate 0