View Single Post
      11-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
starbai
Captain

Drives: 09 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
starbo

I think only 2011.5 + hifi are the ones with 8 speakers.
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Use any credit card to remove the rear speaker grill. It cannot be easier than that. 2 seconds job.

And I am sure you will be more than happy to have 100W@2ohm.
Well I did go ahead and do this (thanks for the tip makkan, didn't know it was that simple) -- and I do have the 10 speaker setup (separate tweeters on the rear deck)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Taibanl, sorry my ignorance. What difference will those spacers make?

About the tweeter holes, I planned to drilled it and bought necessary equipment.

However tweeters sat there without any new holes and I used velcro only.
That being said, I'm confused about this tweeter hole question you have here... makkan you dont seem to have a post 2011, therefore do you not already have holes in the back deck for tweeters? Or do these some how just sit on top of the deck requiring you to actually cut holes to fit aftermarket ones in there?

If I've got to cut holes, I'll just stick the coaxial route you guys suggested above.

If there is already a hole there (since there is already a separate tweeter there) - would I be better served to get a component set for the rear too then? -- or since its just the rear, can I get away on skimmping here a bit? if it doesn't affect my ears up front, I dont really care to spend the extra $$ on a component set if not necessary)
starbai is offline   Guyana