View Single Post
      11-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
stabmacho90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2005 55 plate black

BMautosport wheels any good?

Hi. I am looking to buy some new wheels with price range 400-500 with 18" size. I don't mind buying new or used one. At first, I tried to find some genuine BMW alloys/wheels. Price of new wheels is totally out of budget. just removed them out of list. Some used wheels are within price range such as MV2, MV3 etc. But haven't found any that really suit me. if price is right, then the offset is no good, tyres need replacing, kerbs all around etc. some used wheels are immaculate but slightly just out of budget range like 600-800ish. Meanwhile, some sellers are just ignorant that they don't know whether their wheels are genuine or not, and are not helpful in giving details of their wheels correctly like offset and so on.

Now, I really feel the chance of buying genuine wheels with that budget quite hard. my options are limited. I know some friends just tell me to be patient and wait for deal in this forum and others. but, I just don't like to wait and need to keep checking forums, ebay etc every now and then.

A chap here with stunning wheels do recommend me to get some alloys from BMautosport. I tried to call Mark and he was very helpful and nice bloke to deal with. The choice of wheels are great too with good price being offered. The only downside is they are not genuine alloys. Plus, buying new alloys+tyres would cost around 600ish, which is slightly out of my budget. but I will get new alloys at least, and good part worn tyres.

Now, I just need to know any members here who have been using alloys from BMautosport or perhaps have been their loyal customers keep buying from them from time to time? Can you guys share some comments on the quality of them and satisfaction of using these aftermarket alloys (calling them replica doesnt sound too good haha)? Also, if you are looking to spend around 600ish, would you stick to buying used genuine alloys or a brand new set of far stunning-looking aftermarket alloys?

Appreciate every comment given. cheers