11-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #61
starbai
Captain
Guyana
Rep

Drives: 09 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Thats fair enough if thats the case. However i would recommend looking at a Gladen woofer for your underseats. The link http://www.gladen.com/compo_coax.html#one scroll down to the second last one.

I heard the set a few weeks ago in another members car and the woofers sounded amazing. Played alot lower than my jehnerts, and most people would think there's a sub in the car. They also sounded better than Earthquakes. It sounds like you want this so try and find out if you can just get the 8" woofer and crossover on its own.
Thanks for the suggestion on the Gladen speakers... I hadn't heard that name yet through all my searches. I'll look through the specs/price and see if its something I'd like to take a chance on.

Edit, so looking at them its a 3 way set. I'd use the 8"s under seat, 4's and tweeters in the door? the 4 Mid ranges... would they be like mid-ranges under the seat? Or would they be mids like traditional mids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Starbai,
My preference was similar to yours and I went for SWS-8. No regrets. SWS-8 can play as low as 40Hz and that is decent enough.

In addition to that, it is not enough to shake your neighbours windows, but enough to shake lower part your front seats.
Glad to hear it! Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for at the end of the day.

Mob 17, will still take a look at the Gladen's before I pull the trigger on buying all this stuff. Still haven't heard from Technic yet, and I insist on having that harness in hand before buying anything else as I dont wanna have all my components and no way to get it in the car if Technic is busy/back ordered.

Thanks again fellas, everyone so far has been a big help way to pay it forward and once I'm done I'll be happy to share the knowledge I'm getting as well...