View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #62
mob17
Brigadier General
United Kingdom

Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
Thanks for the suggestion on the Gladen speakers... I hadn't heard that name yet through all my searches. I'll look through the specs/price and see if its something I'd like to take a chance on.

Edit, so looking at them its a 3 way set. I'd use the 8"s under seat, 4's and tweeters in the door? the 4 Mid ranges... would they be like mid-ranges under the seat? Or would they be mids like traditional mids?

Glad to hear it! Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for at the end of the day.

Mob 17, will still take a look at the Gladen's before I pull the trigger on buying all this stuff. Still haven't heard from Technic yet, and I insist on having that harness in hand before buying anything else as I dont wanna have all my components and no way to get it in the car if Technic is busy/back ordered.

Thanks again fellas, everyone so far has been a big help way to pay it forward and once I'm done I'll be happy to share the knowledge I'm getting as well...
Yeah they are a 3 way set, completely plug and play with adaptors. Tweeters in the OEM tweeter frame, midrange in the stock position. You might be able to get the woofers only.

In my opinion sub bass wise they sounded better than the Earthquakes i heard. A lot deeper and lower. For midbass im not sure how they perform (yes i did say they can play midbass but i didnt hear them long enough to know for sure)
1996 E36 316I SE