View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Myaddiction
Private

Drives: 335i

I think 2 different issues are being confused here. There was a post awhile ago by DFV2 that he spoke to a conti engineer and they said the issue Rismo mentioned was a concern. No one has ever had that issue with well over a million miles on thousands of N54s for at least three years on some of those cars. So basicly it is a non issue.

THe other issue that the SAAB guys brought up is a legit issue for older cars. The SAAB turbo guys have been running E85 for close to ten years like every other platform except ours apparently. So they have gotten past all the myths and rumors our platform is still plagued with.

E85 is a much better solvent then gas which means it will pick up anything in your fuel system where as gasoline leaves water/dirt to collect at the bottom of your tank. Once you start to use E85, the E85 will pick up that debri and transport it to your fuel filter possilbly reducing your flow. This isn't much of an issue in our 5 year old cars like it is in a 10-20 year old car.

So no need to buy new injectors. Just watch your STFT which you should be doing anyway after doing something dramatic as switching fuels. If its way high out of spec talk to your tune provider and figure it out. It could be one of several things. Good luck and I'm sure you're going to love running it!