View Single Post
      11-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
PR3CI5N's Avatar

Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (23)

Do a "Trial by Written Declaration". I've gotten my last 2 out of 3 speeding tickets dismissed like they never happened

You turn in a copy explaining to the judge that you weren't breaking the law. The cop is supposed to turn in a copy as well explaining his side of the story but great thing is, is that if the cop doesn't submit his statement within a given period of time (month or two), your ticket automatically get dismissed! FYI: you have to pay the full ticket amount when submitting your declaration but if the ticket gets dismissed, you'll receive a check with your full amount shortly after you receive word you're not quilty.

Or since it sounds like the cop let you off easy, maybe just pay it and move on...