View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
AllBlackBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2008 328i E90

Exclamation URGENT! car at dealer right now - thermostat repalcement

So I took my car into the dealer for a battery... they quoted me $300... it is now $375 O well whatever, guess thats what I get...

But, the good part about me taking it to the dealer, I asked them to scan my car for error codes (my car is CPO'ed for another 3 months) and they found a fault in the thermostat.

Now, I know everyone always replaces the thermo when they do the water pump, but my dealer is claiming the water pump is fine - OK, that is fine but with the thermo acting up, does that mean damage to my water pump?

Is this a sign of things to come? Does this already tell me I am going to have to replace the water pump? (I was planning on it already actually)

If they are replacing my thermostat, is there ANYTHING else i need to ask them or request them to look at or fix?

It is a little past 1pm - east coast time (usa), and I am going to pick my car up at 4pm... so I have very little time to call them back...

thanks!