View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
AllBlackBimmer
Major

Drives: 2008 328i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
Ive heard that our thermostats when they go bad, they stay "stucked open" for the same safety that concers the engine from overheating. Not sure but Ive read it somewhere here. I recently had my SES light on about a bad thermosthat. I dont have any overheating issues or anything. Did not replace yet, I will wait till my water pump goes bad to change both. I got rid of SES light with BT tool TORQUE app. Till today no issues.
The only signs I sort of knew something wrong was this:

Under minimal load, or short driving, my fan would kick on at HIGH speed, I'm talking my car sounded like a damn 18-wheeler with the fan running FULL blast like that, I suspect a new thermo will fix that.

I already asked them to check into this the LAST time my car was at the dealer - everything was "fine" then, but now it is bad? Weird. No over heating issues at all, car drove fine, other than the radiator fan running like crazy.

It was odd, it didn't always do that. I could drive aggressively or long and the fan would be fine, then randomly would kick on like crazy. Outside temp really wasnt a factor either as it did it on 90 degree days, as well as a cool 60 degree fall day.