View Single Post
      12-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
BigFoig
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e92 335is

Blackvue saved me today. Asked for no wash at dealer, received soft cloth

So I went to get my scheduled oil change today as well as the vehicle inspection as per the maintenance schedule on the BMW.

I went to a dealership in the GTA. The reason I'm leaving the name out is because they resolved the issue by offering me a full vehicle polishing on my next visit.

But I wanted to show you guys how if there was no recording how SOL I would be.

So I asked the service advisor for no wash he said ok.

30 mins later he comes back and tells me they hand washed it. So I said ok that's fine. Didn't like it but better than getting a soft cloth wash.

I went outside to inspect the car and there was a lot of swirls marks on the hood and fenders. Plus the car was dripping and areas normally washed when hand washed were not washed. (i.e gap between the mirrors)

Thankfully I have the new S3 now because I can plug my sd card into the external mem slot and review footage off the phone.

What I saw shocked me. They gave me a soft cloth car wash even though the service advisor told me that it was hand washed.

So I went back inside to complain and the manager went outside with me to inspect the vehicle and he concluded that if I asked for no wash and got a wash and recieved the swirls than he will comp me a vehicle polishing.

Thanks blackvue you saved the day.

I've had friends tell me that they had a swirless car but after service they recieved a swirled car and were SOL because they couldn't prove the swirls weren't there before.

Thanks to the video footage you can't argue back.