12-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
rylak
Private
Rep

Drives: 2009 AW/CR E93 335i 6MT

Garage List
2009 E93 335i  [0.00]
Rallye BMW sold me a car with a lemon key

I purchased a CPO from Rallye BMW and was given two keys. At the time of delivery, one of the key was not responding well and was kind of rushed out of the door. The CA told me that my COMFORT ACCESS key just needed to be recharged and that I can also goto any BMW dealership to get it fixed if there was a problem.

After two weeks of driving the car with the other key, I decided to try the "needed recharge" key, and the comfort access was still not working no matter how long it was plugged in.

I then bought my key to Prestige BMW and they replaced the battery and it worked. However, after 1 week of using it, the battery was dead. This happened 6 times. My SA had no clue y the battery gets drained so quickly until they noticed that the key has been tampered with and it was previously opened and glued back together.

I quickly called Rallye to tell them about the problem and kept getting "I will call you back ASAP." 2 weeks with no call back, I finally called service and demanded I speak to a manager, and got sent to voicemail. He did not call me back. EVENTUALLY, someone did call me back and I explained the situation to her. She said to send her pictures and she will get back to me tomorrow.

It has been a month and I still have not seen "tomorrow". Everytime I called them to follow up, they kept saying it is still under investigation.

I am about to call BMW NA and file a complaint. Does anyone have any experience with filing complaints to BMW NA?