View Single Post
      12-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
kiwi29
Team iTouge

Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchen View Post
I actually have both. My N54 didn't have an oil cooler and I retrofitted it. My wife's N51 doesn't. They both seem to be the same. I will try to verify when I get the chance. (I actually took a picture of the inside of my wife's when I did an oil change for her two days ago remembering this thread. The part number is 67 402 30 310. On top is Al Si9Cu3(FE). I am trying to attach a picture. If you do a retrofit buy 3 replacement bolts for the 3 that mount it, to the whatever you call it. In another thread I think I called it the block and someone corrected me. I forget what it is exactly. Anyways, I recommend it, because it seems to be an Aluminum part and most likely uses Aluminum bolts which are one time use: "Al"uminum "Si"licon Cu (Copper) FE (Iron? I'm not sure why the E is capitalized. I could be wrong on this one.) It's worth saving the headache of possibly having to change the gasket from a leak issue later. Then you might wonder maybe I should have changed those 3 bolts for a few dollars... If you do a retrofit if I remember correctly you should be able to torque each fastener to spec with a torque wrench. I think I used a 3/8 inch size.) When you do a retrofit, you have to change the oil filter housing...

http://s771.beta.photobucket.com/use...lter%20housing
Ohh I was unaware that some come without the oil cooler. I didn't realize you can retrofit it but now I wonder is it worth it or not. Have you tried to retro fit it on the n51?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States