View Single Post
      12-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #57
e90gene
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2008 328i

Great DIY. It helped me a lot to replace the driver door lock actuator. I have 2008 328i and suddenly the driver door lock stopped unlocking with a key fob from outside. It was locking with a key fob from outside but did not lock with a central locking button from inside which was kind of strange. Fuse 73 was already 20Amp and was not blown so I figured that actuator is malfunctioning and decided to replace it.

Couple tips about the DIY.

1. It's not required to unhook the window. I had my window down 1" all the time. As others already mentioned just unscrew the guidance on a bottom and loosen the top bolt. Push it in and on a right and remove the actuator. It is possible to remove the actuator this way.

2. The allen bolt for door lock does not have to be removed but has to be unscrewed completely and pulled out to remove the door lock. Be careful pulling it out, do not drop. Once door lock removed use an electrical tape to wrap it so it won't drop inside the door.

3. There is window wire attached to an actuator in two places. Be patient when removing it as it's very easy to brake. Pull it to an opposite side out of a hole where those are inserted. It might take some time but it will eventually come out.

Last edited by e90gene; 12-02-2012 at 06:58 PM.