resident girl.
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3000fl View Post
wanted to add that I have an '06 330i and I called BMWNA and ended up getting them to approve the OC3 occupancy sensor repair outside of warranty. give it a try and see if they will do anything. the dealer's hands are tied, they wont fix anything for free unless BMWNA will reimburse. If you get BMWNA to approve it, then the dealer will fix it.
I have an '08 and have the exact issue described above. Mine failed literally a week outside of warranty (last month). Like it was on a damn timer or something.

I haven't had a chance to take it in yet and have been living with the occasional light, but from what you say, I should just give BMWNA a call first, before bringing it in? Being barely out of warranty, I figured there may be a bit more the dealership could do, but maybe not. I'd rather not have to pay for this, as my car is a month out of warranty and well under 50,000 miles.

A lot of people choose BMW for their safety ratings. Sad that this seems to be such a common issue. I would expect my car's safety system to last well beyond 50,000 miles, for example.

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Black M6 wheels + Toyo Proxes
(and yes, I am a girl)