View Single Post
      12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 335xi --> 06 BSM 330i

Send a message via AIM to wakeboarder109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb84 View Post
I've got the Hero 2 with most of the mounts. I think they're great. I've used it for skiing, wakeboarding, sailing, mountain biking and have stuck it on the side of my car as well!!

The quality of the footage is fantastic, better than any other camera of it's size, and so easy to handle as it's all on an SD card.

If I was you, I'd save up and buy the Hero 3: Black Edition. It's got everything and is wifi enabled so, assuming you've got a smartphone (and the GoPro app), you can preview what you're about to record or watch it live as you're recording, using the wifi network that the camera creates. I've heard the range is pretty good. Furthermore, you can fully control all of your camera's settings through the GoPro app.

The range of mounts is good and the sticky pads are ridiculously sticky!! They look a bit average but are so so strong!!

Let me know if you'd like any more info.
Cheers, JB.
Thanks for the feedback. The Black edition is the model I went to Best Buy to get but they were sold out. I've seen some reviews that say the software and wifi for the Black edition have some problems but I'm willing to give it a shot for the trip. Glad to hear the mounts are strong. I'm going deep sea fishing and would really like to get some footage without breaking the camera.
wakeboarder109 is offline   United_States