BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTMH8N View Post
What's the benefit of G5 over JB4?
Quote:
Hey guys,

As many know we've been developing a special version of the JB4 board especially for cars with large turbo(s) or those running methanol injection at higher and more aggressive boost levels. And the time has come to make a general post about it that I can refer people too for additional info.

The normal JB4 board is called the G4. The G5 has everything the G4 has in addition to:

1) A revised boost control system allowing both isolated or integrated control with no hardware PWM/duty cycle limits, etc. PWM limiting is all software/firmware based.
2) Built in crank position offset (CPS) and speed limit defeat (SLD) through additional wires that can be connected to the DB9 connector w/ the BMS USB cable.
3) An extra high current output that can be used to power a 2STEP relay, nitrous relay, etc.
4) 1.8k O2 biasing resistors instead of 2.7k biasing resistors allowing a wider range of AFR adjustment.
5) Some additional analog and digital I/O for future expansion.

Basically, the idea with the G5 is to address the evolving tuning needs of our higher horsepower customers. The G5 uses unique firmware and will evolve separately from G4 firmware. Although, as a general rule, new features will be ported to both versions simultaneously.
From Terry

Really everything about it makes it a great tune.

Better boost control, control of ignition, and more fueling. Everything a growing N54 needs to make good safe power
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States