View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
iloseguitarpicks
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2007 E90 335Xi

Too much cooling?

Hey guys,

So I was at the track on Sunday, and it was a relatively nice day out (sunny, not humid). Temperature was probably low 40's. Anyways, it was the last test and tune of the season, so I ran a 50/50 e85/93 mix. I'm also running meth, jb4, intake exhaust and bigger front mount; pretty much everything but downpipes. anyways, my first two passes were awful. Once I hit 4th gear, the car was cutting power with engine malfunction (what I used to experience when I had to change my ignition coils it'd be misfiring). Anyways, clear the code with the tune and everything's back to normal. So for my last pass, since I only had 3 passes, I turned off the meth and just ran map 5. I was able to get a successful pass in without any issues. I spoke with a friend of mine who's very knowledgeable on these types of things, and he said it could've been potentially too much cooling and it was causing a spark blow out. Does this make sense? Or could it have been something else?