View Single Post
      12-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
John 070
Lieutenant General

Drives: 335i cpe

now our BMWs are protected!

Where I work, there is some foot traffic because people walking are cutting through our lot, and wouldn't you know, that means break-ins. I was mad 1 1/2 yrs. ago when a guy with a 335d was pressed up against my nose!

Anyway, today I was in the head of security's office because he wanted to show me his new toy. Video surveillance. Very cool system, he is able to view the entire parking lot all at once, zoom in and out, and even zoom into cars. From what I hear, what Wal Mart has is a joke compared to this stuff. After all, there are Maseratis, Aston Martins, Bentleys, in the reserved spaces. Heaven forbid a visitor dings them.

In the back of my mind I was thinking you would definitely catch even a coworker dinging your door or bumping you. I have to admit, though, he was having too much fun with this system. give me a break, 1920x1080p, 30ips, 8 of them side-by-side in the front to show the entire parking lot, 20x optical zoom, this is crazy stuff. But seriously, the days of hit and run will one day be gone.