View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
135Pats
Can't decide....

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 4 5 T 4 M 4 N View Post
Low pressure sensor is the first step in diagnosing this issue. Then they move on to the plugs,coils injectors. They tried that BS with me and I told them I would pick my car up and take care of it myself.

I replaced the faulty MOSFETs on the ECU (mine happened to be 1&2) and then changed out one of the coils (ECU took it with it). $80 later my car is up and running. Never will I take my car back to the dealership, I am out of warranty and their while goose chase diagnostics end up being pricey. The pathetic thing is the fault code clearly states 'Internal Electronic Malfunction' (something like that) and they look at fueling first.
Dealership Techs love to ignore codes, i'm assuming they operate on the assumption that all owners are clueless and have no idea how their cars operate. A few weeks back I brought my car in with lambda o2 codes, the precat o2 was clearly fried, and they tried to blame it on my dci. What do you know...it was a precat o2
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States