View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #15
DESI4life10
Banned

Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerx View Post
I disagree, unless you have the black edition, price vs quality, id stick with the go pro 2, and I have the the silver edition and go pro 2. I didnt want to fork out the $499 for the black edition (1080p 60 fps which is sick for slow mo), now that i look back the silver was a big waste considering my go pro 2 was 159.99 - 10% off (price matched with amazon.ca at BB)

EDIT: Ohh ya I forgot, hero 3 has wifi.... like im gonna pay $99 bux for a silly controller anyway
Until you actually use a wifi remote, I wouldn't be quick to judge. The idea of turning the camera on and off without having to physically go out and press the buttons proves useful when shooting car scenes (other scenes as well).

$500 is a bit steep, but I didn't get it for that price( about $100 bucks or so cheaper).
60 fps in 1080 is awesome, especially for car vids. On my Hero 1, I kept it at 720 60fps to avoid the "jello" effect when using a higher resolution with a lower fps for high action scene.

The night videos on hero 3 is a massive improvement over hero 1 and 2 cameras. I am looking to understand the black edition hero 3 and it's benefits when using protune (true potential for the camera).

edit: I am talking strictly black edition hero 3. The other versions are shown to be just gopro 2 cameras with wifi built in.
DESI4life10 is offline   Canada