Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minyime View Post
Okay. My hair cut was due so went to my barber. Definitely the cabin kaabrroooomm drone was significantly reduced. It tried to get there but stop before and move on. At cruising at 80 mph, 2,6-2.7k rpm, almost no exhaust soynd except a hint of itnduring occassional accel and decel. At 65 mph, 2.4-2.5k rpm, there are some but almost pleasing. However, on the way to home, warm engine seems to give little more grrooom during gear changes at 2k rpm. I will have to experiemnt different configuration; one cork on either side with the same for the back rubber mount, but is definitely something to try out until there is something better. Trying to figure out stock buffler type absorber can an expensive proposition with different types of them since the factory 32kHz is probably not true anymore with 18lb lighter exhaust. Btw, the corks did not move at all and stayed put for 40 mile driving.
I didn't have any corks around the house, so I opened a cheap bottle and stole it from there anyway even with one one cork, on the right side, drone was reduced significantly! I drove about an hour on the freeway this morning, doing about 85-95 then hit traffic so around 40. If anyone experienced the really loud obnoxious drone (usually when going up hill), I noticed that it doesn't hurt your ears anymore and make the car seem like its vibrating. I leave the house around 6AM so its cold outside, I found that when I am leaving the house the drone would be terrible. This morning it was pretty much gone. Anyway A MILLION thanks to this genius idea, although its not completely gone, I can say its better than nothing and worth taking the 30 seconds to do this.