View Single Post
      12-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
Wedge1967
Banned

Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

I know a lot of people on this forum have been playing on this platform much longer than me, but over the past two years I have taken my car to the limits of a stock turbo car accept for the catback exhaust which is the worst $ for $ return on performance. I think if I were to do it all over again considering the changes that have taken place over the past year I would first go buy a COBB AP. Although it's not the cheapest tune up front, but consider with the JB4 & PROcede you'll eventually end up needing to flash your DME anyway, so in the long run getting the COBB AP is probably the cheaper route with the most flexible tuning options you can buy today. Not to mention the fact you don't have to rip open the DME box to remove your tune every time you need to visit the dealership.

If you plan on using Meth, safety should be your only concern. Spend the money and by the Aquamist HSF-4 system with the Aquamist trunk mount tank. You truly get what you pay for and this system is far superior to anything out there today.

Everything else is just fluff. As you turn up the power you'll need DCI, DPs, FMIC. VRSF and BMS offer low cost solutions, you'll just need to shop around and see who can give you the best prices.
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States