View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #50
nealer74
Private
Rep

Drives: E93 M3

FFS - what did I start.... who the hell said I was looking down on anyone ..

I thought the picture was cool and was trying to share that, thought I write up a bit about what I thought of it... anyway ... won't bother my arse in the future.

maybe didn't come across right ... I would have never considered the 320d before (my own opinion, I choose bigger engines as typically they are cheaper on the used market (due to running costs) and I don't do a lot of miles in the BMW) .. maybe snob wasn't the right word. The point was I was well impressed with this - the engine, the finish etc.. and of course the mpg, this was a lovely car ... and the first point was - I'm now looking for one for my wife!

and the 320d sounds much better than my 330i at the minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by richk84 View Post
Anyway......... back to the original post

I've got some 313's on my e92, lovely wheels however they are a nightmare for scratch's and marks. You have to be so careful with car parks, especially mulit-story ones with the curbed ramps etc.

I have a Pre LCI too and my H8 bulbs are better than the yellow ones but nowhere near as good as the LCI ones, i think its hard impossible to get the same look.

I've got an 320d too. I could of got a 330d or 335d but I do lots of regular long trips to Scotland and London and im loving the mpg i get. Everyone's situation is different
ohno ... just ordered a set of the replica 313's ... couldn't justify the price for the OEM ones, so maybe won't feel soo bad.

I agree with you on the H8... did a lot of reading around - I'll make do for now... but they look great on the LCI cars.

My wife does a lot more miles than me and the 320d makes sense for the reasons you pointed out ... just going to be a while to save up for one

MLAM .. def noticed some quality improvements on the LCI car, but could just have been because it had the 'new car' feel and smell... really like the LCI front - and in my opinion much nicer than the 4-er.