View Single Post
      12-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #5

Drives: e90

Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post
Sorry I should've mentioned, it would be sanded it down and the clear reapplied. Not just a layer of clear on top of what is already there. It would cost more than a detail, but the quote I'm getting for it wouldn't be exorbitant considering the work done.

I meant protecting from scratches in that any potential deep scratches in the future could be mitigated by a thicker coat of clear, thus saving the paint. Of course it's all contingent on if the paint is saved during the sanding process.

Glad to bring some amusement, as I said when it comes to paint correction/restoration I'm a noob. Just looking for advice as this is a car I plan to hold on to for years to come.
Gotcha!!!! I understand now.

IMO. A respray would work but it might be an overkill. To correct light scratches and swirls shouldn't take much clear off the car. A good detailer would have a paint gauge and they would be able to tell. Another method is Opti-coat and you would apply this once the paint has been corrected. Another benefit of Opti-coat is..... you wouldn't have to wax or seal your car after for years.
What is absolute control???? Having the means and the abilities to exercise it at will but....chooses not to.