View Single Post
      12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
keir84
Rep

Drives: 2007 bmw 320d

cracked m-sports!!!

Well car went in to menzies at bmw stirling for an mot and to get pads replaced.......... well to cut a long story short i now have a bill of 1500 quid !!!!!! the rear off side has a crack in it and is an mot failure and are running the bridgestone run flats , turns out loads of people have this problem and is a common fault with these wheels the dealer has quoted me 458 + vat per wheel im not keen on paying that price and was thot of maybe putting an aftermarket csl reps on but the dealer told me that if i was to do this then i would have problems with the ABS warning lights coming on on the dash so i guess what im askin is....... if anyone on here has had experince with this? or is the dealer just trying to get me to buy a new wheel ? ive seen alloys being welded on tv and could i not just get someone to weld the wheel? and didnt know if to start an arguement with bmw about this as this is obviously a manufacturing flaw either in the metal tape within the run flat tyre or within the alloy its self ...who knows , any help or advice is more than welcome cheers gareth