View Single Post
      12-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Not sure what can be done, but certainly this needs to be addressed. We have had 3 mass shootings since the end of October. This needs to stop. The US as a nation needs to address this issue. We can't keep doing nothing after these event, then expect things to magically change.

Here's a little anecdote I would like to share. On my way back from the USGP, I stopped in Yuma, AZ to pick up some fuel. It was 10am on a tues morning, go into a very packed Chevron station. One of the customers inside the "store" area has a pistol on his hip. Obviously a citizen, not a law enforcement. Here is my question about the situation, as someone who comes from a state where we don't have open carry laws. Why does that individual need to bring a pistol into the gas station @ 10am? Is Yuma such a bad city that one needs to be armed at all times to be safe?

When I lived in Vancouver BC, a friend who owned a gun wasn't allowed to even stop for gas if his firearms were in his vehicle. Very different to what I experienced in AZ.