12-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #42
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Yes, you are right. we cannot and will not EVER create a utopian society. You are also correct that we can't protect everyone from every possible situation. No matter what solutions we come up with there will surely still be killings and mass murder shootings. But that shouldn't stop us from acting. The perfect should never be the enemy of the good. We may never make it perfect. But we can always make it better.

Let's try to figure out how to make it better. What are your suggestions?
I don't know.... i'm really at a loss for ideas.

I think a start would be having the media stop making these perpetrators famous. Personally, i think you have something wrong with you if your contemplating suicide. So it seems to me that someone who is contemplating suicide and is pissed off at society would have no problem taking some people with them and gain some posthumous fame.

Maybe fore those like in Aurora who don't turn the gun on themselves, make the consequences extreme and quick, a zero tolerance policy.

We don't live in "Minority Report" so we still have to work with passing laws and consequences for breaking them. Prevention laws are on a slippery slope leading to a police state. So the task is not an easy one for sure, it's difficult because most ideas involve creating a ton of legislation.

Any ideas?

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat