12-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #74
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: // 135i //, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Our right to bear arms has nothing to do with hunting, and hunting regs already limit magazines to 4+1

Would limiting magazine capacity make the arms less suitable for armed conflict? If so, it's an infringement. I don't even think grenades, mines and RPG's should be banned without an amendment as they're all infantry arms, and I'm sure most people would be behind an amendment like that.

BTW- are you sure you're prior military? You seem to not know the difference between a magazine and a clip. Magazines are the part of the weapon that are boxes to holds the cartridges until they're chambered. Clips are little metal strips that hold bullets in a neat little row to make magazines faster to load. They might exist, but I'm unaware of any clips that hold over 10 round. On a few rifles, such as the M1 Garande, the clip stays inside the magazine rather than having the rounds stripped off.
Why is it you have to resort to put downs? Typically that's what someone does when they've run out of valid points to make. Mag, clip, whatever. For what it's worth, 8 years USMC and yes, a CAR to go with my SEAS, MUC and ND medals.
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -