View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #85
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I agree with the hypothetical point, and also agree that a unlikely scenario with 200 million armed citizens versus the government/military would not end well. It absolutely made sense when it was written, as at that time period it was much more possible for the people to overthrow a tyrannical government. In the event of an unlikely scenario, I just don't see how it would be possible for the people in this age to overthrow the government with the might and technology of the military that they would have to face.

It's really pretty simple, 200 million people against the government that are completely unarmed would simply be sheep for the slaughter, yet 200 million armed citizens could cause mass casualties and wreak havoc if needed, we are talking about 200 million armed people here! I don't care what the disparities are with equipment the civilian army would outnumber the US army by one hundred million to 1, think about it, with those numbers, equipment can be captured.

The first thing Hitler did before he initiated the Holocaust was ban guns, he didn't want the Jews to have a chance to shoot at the gestapo as their family's were being loaded on trains destined for concentration camps. Imagine if you were one of them, imagine how many gestapo would have been shot down by the Jews if they all would have been armed, would they have stopped the Holocaust, most likely not, but they would have taken a great deal of enemy forces down with them, and saved many. Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control!

''The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.
― Adolf Hitler

Of course to clarify all of the aforementioned is purely hypothetical conjecture, and I don't think we will have to worry about a situation like that in our life times at least.

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway

Last edited by kingofthedemo; 12-19-2012 at 09:15 PM.